Monday, June 9, 2014

To Kill a Mockingbird

I'm blogging about a book, yes. That's because it is my favorite one after reading it a month ago. I've read a few classics as well, before reading this I've just announced to myself that Pride and Prejudice is my favorite, but just after reading this one, I don't think any book could top this. Darn this one is just pure perfection and it's very brilliant. I don't even know the right words to explain how good it is, no not good, it was grand!

So the book is all about growing up, the humor of children, discrimination and an unjust treatment towards people with different races. Basically, the book covers a handful of issues and topics. Which also gives you a lot of morals.

I fell inlove with so many things. I got interested in the aspect of law which I new saw myself liking. I really find Atticus' personality so beautiful and hands down to him. I scowl with full curiosity whenever it comes to Boo Radley. I admire the humor so much. I grin at the bliss of childhood and sometimes caught myself chuckling while flipping through pages. I was really caught off guard when I found out how racist the people were. It's like you want to do something to stand up for the people who were treated terribly. I also would find myself really keen about how Tom Robinson's case would go. I was too infuriated at Mayella that it made me want to slap her like seriously tho. I have so many favorite parts from the book and also captivating lines. One of my unforgettable moments is the moment when Scout said 'Hi Boo'. That was the part that I completely lost it and I was bawling my eyes out. 

I was so into the book that I ended up sharing the story to my parents and I know they aren't really that interested but atleast they listened. 




I mean it's legit insane how just a stack of papers could make you so emotional and vulnerable. It's also really funny how it could make you the happiest. All hail to Harper Lee for this absolute perfection.

If you've read this book mention me on twitter.com/drewftljp tell me and do fangirl with me. You can mention me about anything actually, im up for it. :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment