Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Greatness of Books

Books are actually good and they're really something. I never thought that I would be in a situation to love books. I used to hate and despise them cause they're boring and they're all words and it doesn't involve pictures. Before, I felt like reading books is such a nuisance. But I turned out eating my own words. There are a lot of perks when it comes to reading. You get to encounter unfamiliar words and you tend to understand them, you learn about different locations in the world, different stereotypes, profanity, famous quotations, child prodigies and etc. You get interested about almost everything. You want to know what's inside the character's mind, what's gonna happen next, the detailed explanations of such feelings, get curious on who'll die first, and even the infinity of teenagers. And yep, that feeling my friend is inevitable or should i say, pure bliss.



My favorite part is that you can be in a whole different world when reading. When it's just you and the book. It's like a good-escape-type-of-thing. You feel relaxed, de-stressed and focused at the same time. It's the soul of the characters that makes you fall. It's their thoughts that can inspire you. It's the whole book that impacts a part of you or more.

You can actually finish a book in just 2 hours or 3 if you're really into it. But if not, it'll take you days or even weeks cause not all books are that good, but most of them are pretty amazing. Even when I feel weary, I still continue to read because of the eagerness to know every single chapter and the urge to flip those beautiful pages. Reading is one hell of an adventure. You should try reading some time, if you haven't yet. Im telling you, it's like one of those 'eureka' moments you wouldn't want to miss.



Wuthering Heights & Perks of Being a Wallflower are really good picks. Wuthering Heights; this one's a classic love story that ended up in a tragic way. Perks of Being a Wallflower; basically one of my favorites, which is about teenage infinity. 

XOXO,
cath

No comments:

Post a Comment